Shopify Dropshipping Getting Started Guide
Everything You Need To Start Dropshipping Your Clothing Line
7 Minute read
This guide is to help you get started using the Shopify + Apliiq dropshipping app. If you already have a Shopify store integrating Apliiq to fulfill your products on demand should only take minutes.
- Shopify Store - This guide assumes that you already have a Shopify store up and running and does not provide assistance in steps you must do to setup, design, or launch a shopify store. You can sign up for a Shopify store, and receive a free trial for 2 weeks.
- Apliiq Account - You will need to create a free Apliiq account in order to use the Shopify + Apliiq app
- Credit Or Debit Card - You will need to enter a credit card or debit card to being processing orders.
- Request the Apliiq app to be installed into your Shopify store. Fill out the simple form to request an the app to be installed. An Apliiq team member will contact you and walk you through all the installation steps.
- Once the app has installed successfully go to your Apliiq dropshipping setup page to complete the following steps.
- Add a payment method (required). In order to begin fulfilling your orders it is required to have a credit card linked to your Apliiq account. Your card will only be charged when a dropshipping order is placed. The card you link to your Apliiq account can also be used as a payment method for sample or bulk orders placed on the Apliiq website.
- Upgrade to brands (optional). A brands account allows you to private label your clothing with your own woven label.
- Customize Your Shipping Label (optional). This step allows you to customize the from address of the shipping label that is displayed to your customers on packages they receive.
- Order Processing Options (optional). By default automatic order processing will be activate, which is the setting we recommend. With automatic processing you don't need to do anything for your order to automatically be fulfilled. You can learn more about manual review of orders here.
- Create your apparel designs on the Apliiq website. This step allows you to upload your artwork, select your product, and create a digital “mock up” of your product. You can create a single product or as many products as you would like.
- When you are done designing your products, we recommend you order a sample of each product, but it is not required. To skip ordering a sample, jump to step number 6. To order a sample, simply add your design to your cart. You can purchase more than one sample at a time and receive a bulk discount. A sample is important for the following reasons;
- An artist will review your artwork to ensure it will work for production. Some processes, like embroidery require small changes to your artwork to ensure items can be manufactured.
- A sample allows you to take great photos of your products. While a digital mock up of a product is a great start, they don’t compare to real photos as any serious seller knows.
- Ordering a sample also allows you to personally assess the quality and craftsmanship of your products. Having a sample on hand is also useful in providing great customer support to your customers.
- Next you need to add the products from your Apliiq account to your Shopify store. You do this by selecting the “dropship this product” option from the customizer or from your saved design page. The price listed with the “add to your store” option is the price to fulfill that item. You will be charged that fee in addition to shipping fees each time a customer places orders that product on your website.
- The last step is to finalize your product information on your Shopify site. Navigate to the “products” section of your Shopify admin portal. You will see a product for each product you add from Apliiq. Review and update the following elements for each product (remember great product images & descriptions sell products);
- Product Name
- Product Description
- Product Image
- Product Price
Adding more products
You can simply repeat steps 3-6 when you want to add new products to your store. Don’t hesitate to contact customer service with any additional questions or concerns about getting started using the Apliiq Shopify App.
Recommendation: We recommend you only get started with a handful of products. This allows you to focus your store experience and increases your chances of having a cohesive shopping experience.